Wednesday, July 27, 2011

The Guess Who on the Hamden Green - For Free - This Friday!


The Hamden Arts Commission's 2011 Free Summer Concert Series is going out with a bang this Friday, bringing us both a “big” name classic rock band – and a local favorite. The Guess Who are headlining, and we recently heard that Mighty Purple will be playing at 7.

The Guess Who brought us “American Woman,” “No Time,” “No Sugar Tonight,” and “These Eyes,” which I’ve embedded above. As soon as I hear it, I can’t get the Michael Cera in Superbad version of “These Eyes” out of my head. And I don’t mind.

We haven’t been to any of these Hamden concerts this summer, but we went to two last summer, and they were a fun time. The concerts are Fridays in July at 7:30 at the Town Center Park at Meadowbrook, 2761 Dixwell Avenue. Food is available at the site, but a lot of people pack coolers and bring their own. I’m expecting to get there early with my lawn chairs and picnic blanket. It’s going to be a good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment