Thursday, July 14, 2011

The Beets - Killer Tofu (A Look Back)

Holy crap do I wish I were writing about a real band right now.  A full-on reunion tour is just what the world needs right now.  The Beets were the biggest thing to hit Bluffington since sliced bread (Beets-lemania? Anyone? Moving on...), and they had the tunes and style to back it up.  Half Rolling Stones, half Beatles, and all the rock and roll success and excess you could cram into a kids' show, The Beets were a hallmark of the 90s series Doug.  Their 'hit' single "Killer Tofu" entered my playlist a few months back, and I was most amused to find I still knew every lyric.  Not to mention the song still absolutely kicks.  Enjoy it (with lyrics!) embedded below, along with their other classic "I Need More Allowance".  Yodel-ay-ee-oo.



1 comment:

  1. Just clicked a link to Shout Your Lungs Out... Had this song stuck in my head for YEARS.

    -Dr Bendel

    ReplyDelete