Monday, July 18, 2011

Battlefield Band - Bonnie Barbry-O

There's an album I'd have you know of.  It's called "Pro's Folk Sampler".  It's been the soundtrack to my life, and it's found on four sides of two cassette tapes, ripped from the original vinyl by my father's old roommate "Pro" (aka Dick Lewis).  It's through these collegiate tapes I've gotten both my taste and my love for folk music, especially the classics from the British Isles.  I ripped those cassettes, plugging my boom box into my record player, finally managing to feed those venerable cassettes into my MacBook.  I'll be working through several songs, mayhap posting the entire mixtape if interest ensues, over the next few weeks.  I'll begin with a cut off Pro's first tape, brought to us by the Battlefield Band, a track entitled "Bonnie Barbry-O".  Come down the stairs and have a listen, and know that I can hardly wait for the next installment.

No comments:

Post a Comment