Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Dear Best Coast:



Dear Best Coast:

Stop telling the story of my life. (I don't actually mean that. I'm totally feeling it.)

Love,
Freesia
Seriously, though. I've been listening to Best Coast's album, "Crazy For You," a ton lately. I love everything about the fuzzy, vintage, summer feel of Best Coast's music, and I'm feeling the lyrics that sound kind of carefree and fun but are still kind of painful and heartbreaking at the same time. You know how there's some music you listen to when you're in a certain mood? "Crazy For You" is an album for when you have lots of moods mixed together or don't really know how you feel but you know you feel some kind of way. (If that makes any sense at all to you, you'll love this band.) It works in the winter when it's sunny but not warm yet. It works in the summer because the album feels like summer.

"Crazy For You" dropped last summer, and Best Coast also has an EP and some 7"s out, and I'm catching some of their other songs on YouTube (I love them all, by the way, and I can't wait for more of their stuff to come out). Basically, I can't wait to see them at B.O.M.B. Fest this May. (And it'll be summer, too! Perfect!)

*Consider this post one of those preview-features on bands we're looking forward to seeing at B.O.M.B. Fest this year. You can see your B.O.M.B. Fest post here: http://merrypicnic.blogspot.com/2011/03/tune-in-turn-on-bomb-out.html

No comments:

Post a Comment