Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Of Montreal and Painted Palms at Toad's Place - Tomorrow!


Of Montreal is so good live. We've seen them twice now - once at Toad's Place in 2009 and last year at B.O.M.B. Fest - and they know how to put on a show. They might be in my top 5 bands performance-wise. I tried to find a good live video, as you can see above, but I have to note: This does not speak for the entire Of Montreal concert experience. They're really fun in a festival setting, like the 2007 Coachella video above, but in a more intimate concert venue like Toad's Place, you get the whole slideshow and psychedelic lights effect. Plus they bring out the costumes, props and buffoonery. They play a wide range of their stuff - from the older to newer albums. And the last two times we've seen them, they played a lot off Hissing Fauna, which is my favorite. I can also say we've never danced at a show as much as we did at that 2009 one.

And now we get to experience it again - same place and same time of year - and you can too!

Of Montreal is coming back to Toad's tomorrow.

Here's the link: http://www.toadsplace.com/wp/shows/5501
Doors at 7.
Show at 8.
Advanced tickets $20.
Day of show $24.

Be excited.

I started listening to the opener, Painted Palms, just recently, and I can't wait to see them live. They're a perfect opener for Of Montreal - they're like if Animal Collective and Of Montreal had a baby. Which is amazing. I'm kind of in love.

Listen to them on their bandcamp page here: http://paintedpalms.bandcamp.com/

See you tomorrow?

No comments:

Post a Comment