Friday, August 5, 2011

A Look Back @ Revenge of the Nerds

Holy cow have I seen this flick a time or two.  Or thirty.  Something about the 1984 comedy always had me in stitches and coming back for more.  Perhaps it was that geeky bespectacled kid I was once was (and mostly still am) wanting a taste of revenge for himself, but maybe that Animal House ideal of college just appealed to me.  Either way, while by no means a great film, I'd go as far as to say "Revenge of the Nerds" is perfect.  Scene after scene of wildly varying humor builds up over is running time, leading to a satisfying (though abrupt) conclusions.  From panty raids to fiery jockstraps, from musical numbers to tricycle races, "Revenge" truly runs the gamut of madcap comedy from wild gregariousness to quiet subtlety, providing something new with each viewing.  Check out the iconic (to me, at least) tricycle race scene, featuring an electronic take on the venerable tune "Daisy Bell", sung in Japanese no less.  Enjoy, because it won't be long, mark my words.  The time has come for Revenge of the Nerds.


No comments:

Post a Comment